A new version of Broken Hymn is here.
For this release, the things that took me the longest time to finish were the storyline and the mapping. All of the new content for this version takes place on Lean's side of the game(new storyline is right after where he ended in the last release).
And also, the storyline has been reorganized a little, which unfortunately(along with a few new scripts) breaks compatibility with all old save files. I will try to have the save system stable so old files can be carried over after chapter 1 is completed. Also, on the next release of the game, the game will have its first erotic scene.
Also, it should be noted again that the fate of this game will likely be decided on the next few releases, I would love to make this a long, completed game, so if alot of you guys like this game, I will continue making it. However if most of you guys aren't interested in this game, it may be canceled after about 1 more release. So please let me know if you guys like this type of game.
Here's a list of the main changes for this release:
- Added new storyline on Lean's side of the game
- Added and changed game events
- Added a new script that automatically loads all side-doors circles
- Added an automatic event fading script that allows events to fade in/out much easier
- Added new quests from storyline to Quest Journal
- Lean and Mina now have new sprites
- Added new sprites for Miss Karin and a few other charaters
- Changed the lighting inside the keep to make it more subtle
- Added new maps and changed some inside the keep(keep has been greatly renovated)
- Added/Changed new lighting overlays for many maps
- Minor fix to spelling/grammar errors
- Added a script that makes testing different lightings much easier(this is only met for debugging)
Download (no rtp)
Download (with rtp merged)
If you downloaded the "no rtp"version, you'll also need to download rpgmaker vxace run-time package(if you don't have it installed already), you can download it here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package
If you enjoy any of my works and feel as though you would like to help ensure that I'm able continue developing them in the future, possibly someday as more than just a hobby, I would be very grateful for a pledge on my patreon. I would also like to thank all the people who are or who have supported me in the past. I really, really appreciate it.
That's all for now,